Friday, March 8, 2013
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Blog tags are always fun. It gives me an opportunity to get to know my author friends a little better and to meet a variety of different authors whose blogs give me a glimpse into their world. The lovely Lindsay J. Pryor, who is the author of the fabulous Blackthorn series, recently nominated me for this Blogger Award. Thanks for the nomination, Lindsay!
The rules for this award are quite simple …
• Display the award logo on your blog
• Link back to the person who nominated you
• State seven things about yourself
• Nominate other bloggers (the numbers vary) for this award and link to them
Most of my blog posts so far have revolved around my writing and my new book, Cat Got Your Tongue?, so it’s a nice change to include some fun, random facts about me that most of you won’t know yet. Here it goes …
1. I’m terrified of large, hairy spiders. Where I live, there are too many of these spiders for my liking. If I spot one, I freeze, gripped by panic and fear, and then promptly burst into tears. I also have sensitive radar for them – probably because I’m constantly on the look out for them. I’ve often bolted out of bed in the middle of the night from a dead sleep because I “sensed” there was a spider on the ceiling. Needless to say, my poor hubby is the one who has to remove these hairy visitors – even at 3am in the morning!
2. I love the outdoors – water skiing, hiking, walking around the neighborhood, sailing etc. Give me exercise in this form any day. The gym? Not such a fan. I’m always finding ways to incorporate my children and husband into outdoor activities – combining exercise, fun and a family outing is always a winning combination.
3. I despise having my car washed, long queues, and a slow computer – all time wasters. Seriously, I loathe time wasters!
4. For me, in most instances, quality is better than quantity. Whether it’s friendships, chocolates, clothes or Twitter contacts. I’d rather have less of everything providing it’s packed with quality.
5. I love watching TV series and I’m an avid Grey’s Anatomy and The Vampire Diaries fan. I’ve never missed an episode of either show and watch each episode alone at night when my family is in bed so that I don’t miss a single thing!
6. I married my high school sweetheart. He’s a gorgeous, caring, funny, kind man and I adore him – he’s the hero in my own story. We met in high school and have been together since – happily married too!
7. When completely engrossed in writing a book, my characters take over, constantly having conversations with each other in my head. This happens anytime; anywhere - whilst driving, cooking, walking, shopping – they’ve even woken me up in the middle of the night with their endless chatter! Sounds odd and my best friend finds it very amusing that I have “voices” in my head, but it’s fun and means my characters are alive for me. After all, I love writing great dialogue!
I’m tagging two inspirational bloggers and authors, Zee Monodee and Charlotte Phillips. I’ve never met either one of them (maybe one day) but since stumbling across each other through the social network, I’ve come to love their blog posts, friendliness and easy chats!
Thanks for reading!